Since the collapse of the drow, some military schools have continued to practice the school while other warriors have learned and developed some of the tenets on their own (or read about them in old tomes, or whatever).
A Panderii Skirmisher advances as a typical member of the fighter class — same base attack/thac0/whatever, same saving throws, same XP chart. If your game uses prime requisites (such as AD&D), these are also unchanged — for example, AD&D 2e requires a minimum Strength 9, and offers a bonus 10% XP for a Strength of 16+).
Panderii differ from normal fighters in several ways:
- If your game system assumes fighters automatically attract followers at domain level (or whenever they build a stronghold), Panderii do not automatically gain followers.
- If your game uses weapon specialization for fighters (as AD&D 2e does), Panderii don't gain that, either.
- Panderii cannot wear any armor, although they can use shields.
- Panderii are limited to the following weapons: clubs, daggers, darts, hand crossbows, knives, lassos, short bows, slings, broadswords, long swords, short swords, and staves.
However, in exchange for these limitations, Panderii gain the following benefits:
- Panderii Skirmishers gain a +2 bonus to AC (so +2 for ascending AC, -2 for descending AC).
- Panderii move at 1.25× normal speed. So, for example, Labyrinth Lord assumes 120' as a base movement speed; Panderii would move at 150'. In AD&D, the base movement for a standard human is 12; the Panderii would move at 15.
- Panderii Hit Dice move up one step — so, a Labyrinth Lord fighter with d8 HD would step up to a d10 HD; AD&D fighters with d10 HD would step up to d12 HD.
- Panderii also gain the thief ability to Move Silently, with a base chance equal to the Panderii's Dexterity score + level. As such, a Level 1 Panderii with Dexterity 14 would have Move Silently 15%, whereas a Level 9 Panderii with Dexterity 16 would have Move Silently 25%.
For obvious reasons, Panderii tend towards high Dexterity to boost AC. On Rockulon Prime, they also tend towards high Strength or Charisma, as high values in these offer natural AC bonuses, as per the potency field.