Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Things for your Monday

It's been a while since I've done one of these.

hatefulping brought this RPG.net thread about Beyond the Wall and Other Adventures to my attention.  The basic design characteristics are that it's to be a simple OSR game that models the activities of kids going on their first adventure.  Extra kits have been added to include the typical Tolkien-esque supernatural creatures (dwarves, elves, and halflings) as starting characters.  The playtest documents are free, so you should check 'em out.

rushputin (and I'm linking directly to Warpstone Pile for reasons) brought The Terrific Horrific Ultimate Monster Name Generator to my attention.  I've gathered gems such as Mile-Long Linda the Vexing Snail, the Grotesque Hidden Intestine, and the Prince that Whispers about the Beyond.  Perfect for random villainous sobriquets.

Finally, I try to keep this gaming-related, but I might as well share the Thumbs and Ammo blog while I'm here.  Movie scenes have been photoshopped to replace characters holding guns with characters giving the thumbs up.  It's a good way to waste a couple of minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly