Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Start

After careful consideration, I have decided to start a blog about roleplaying games.  I say, "careful consideration," because I do not think that my voice is terribly interesting or unique.  However, I have been doing this for a while, and may be able to offer some unique words on the subject that may help someone.  Maybe.

First, the obligatory question: "Who is this jackass and why am I wasting one more second of my time on his blog?"

I have been acting as a Game Master for thirteen years from the start of this blog, ever since I first obtained a copy of Vampire: the Masquerade, second edition.  My friends had not yet entered the hobby, but several were familiar, or at least intrigued when I explained it.

I have run two successful long-term campaigns, and am in the middle of a third.  The first, Imperial City, was a high-fantasy Mage: the Ascension game set in the modern day.  It lasted about eight years.

The second, False in Some Sense (which has its own blog on Obsidian Portal), was a Hunter: the Vigil campaign featuring several normal people battling the horrors of the (fictional) small town of Terra Lake, Indiana.

Presently, I am running a Dungeons & Dragons game (fourth edition, if you care about that sort of thing) called Crux of Eternity.  So far, I have used two published adventures (The Slaying Stone and Seekers of the Ashen Crown), but they have been altered slightly to fit into the larger campaign.

In addition to those, I have run six Cthulhu LIVE events.  I act as a player in live-action roleplaying games more frequently than I act as Game Master.

I am not precisely certain if any of that proves that I know what I am doing, but there you have it.  In addition to whatever thing pops into my head, I will probably also recommend other materials that seem noteworthy.  Hopefully it will be worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly