Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fatality

Today I received an email in my box revealing the Paizo Publishing's release of the Tome of Horrors Complete, described as "800 Pages of Monstrous Fun!"

Unfortunately, the words "horror" and "800 pages" just make me think of FATAL, so I can't take it seriously.

The email says "This 800-page volume, which contains all three previous volumes plus new material fully updated to the Pathfinder RPG, contains more than 750 stat blocks, and dwarfs our own Core Rulebook and the legendary Ptolus campaign setting to weigh in as the largest roleplaying game book I’ve ever seen."

FATAL, on the other hand, is somewhere around 900 pages of pure awful.  At some point, I hope to actually read it, but I'm not sure I have the stamina.

(In addition to the resources above, you can find another discourse on FATAL here.  Read it if you dare; you can find both editions if you look hard enough.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly