Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Yogic Mysticism and Vile Sorcery

This post at Dungeons & Digressions discusses adding a homebrew Yogi class to Swords & Wizardry, and talks about the difficulty of adding a pacifist class to D&D.

Even if you're not into oD&D, you should still give it a read.

Despite my familiarity with Tibetan mysticism, I was unfamiliar with Milarepa, who is mentioned in the above blog post.  You should become familiar with him, because (1) learning is good for you, (2) stories are interesting, and (3) that guy is prime gaming material.  Milarepa studied sorcery, killed people and ruined crops with magically-controlled hailstorms, and then repented and sought enlightenment under the lama Marpa.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's fascinating, and given the chance, I'd love to try my hand at that.

    ReplyDelete

Print Friendly