Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wednesday Werk: The Werkening

This thing will invert upon itself like some horrid, incestuous ouroboros.

So not only have I been writing up stuff from Hereticwerks, they've been writing up some of the random things I've mentioned when there's some thing that makes sense in an entry but doesn't have statistics.

As such, there are now massive numbers of swarming Flytaur drones and the Queen Lobster's larva-soldiers.  You can read about my take on the creatures in this post.  Also, there's now an extended writeup of the Bruthem, which you should read.  The Bruthem originally appear in this Hereticwerks blog post and are adapted to 4e in this Wednesday Werks post.

Also, you should read about Tcho-Tchoids while I have you here (I have a fondness for the Tcho-Tcho, and the degenerate humanfolk appear in many of my games, likely because degenerate humanfolk of all stripes are weird and pulp and awesome).  I haven't adapted any Terminal Space creatures for Wednesday Werks, but I'm sure I will as time marches onward.

5 comments:

  1. This is a great back and forth. I see what you mean about the ouroboros, and that potential intensification only adds to the attraction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed on the Tcho-Tcho's, I've always had a soft spot for them as well. There's something about space-faring Tcho-Tcho's that just really fucking cool. What I'd really like to see is a battle between the Tcho-Tchoids and the Space Aliens (from Carcosa) on Carcosa, with the PC's stuck in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Porky: It's true. It's one of the things I find amazing about the written word — you can carry on a dialogue with someone miles and years distant. People are still adding to Lovecraft's Yog Sothothery despite his death over seventy years ago, essentially continuing a conversation begun in the twenties.

    It's almost dizzying to contemplate.

    @E. M. Lamb: Well I was going to run Fungoid Gardens of the Bone Sorcerer this weekend, but maybe I'll have to improvise slightly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'd love to hear how the Tcho-Tchoids/Space Aliens death match on Carcosa goes, if you run it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My guess is that I'll end up running Fungoid Gardens, but if people find they like adventuring on Carcosa, I'll likely need a sequel.

      Delete

Print Friendly